Three weeks ago Aunt Irene and her kids came to visit. It had been over five years since we last saw eachother--what a fabulous mini-reunion we enjoyed. Thanks Aunt Ann and Uncle Tom for providing the days entertainment---we spent nearly the entire day at the park, in the boat and cruising on tubes behind the boat. The kids (big and small alike) had a BALL!
jaron, irene, nathan
vlad, sierra, jake,
and sammy
Capt. Uncle Tom w/ Jacob and Jordan
Most of us had at least one chance to ride on tubes behind the boat. I didn't expect that I would get a turn (I had a baby to keep an eye on) and thus came unprepared for my big ride. Nonetheless, I decided I would take a spot in the middle of the yellow tube (get a little wet--no big deal) and have my fun in the sun. I think Uncle Tom took this as a challenge and it became his sole purpose -at that point- to knock me off the tube; fully clothed, into the river.
Well...his plan worked. After 30 minutes of cruising up and down the river. Doing so; at what seemed to be higher than his average speed and sending my tube over wake after wake...the tube bounced several feet into the air and flipped upside down. BAM!!! Me, Jord and Vlad were sunk. I'm not gonna lie--I enjoyed every second of it!
Though, if it weren't for my big toe catching the waste band of my light brown, capri, lounge pants...they would be lost forever and I would have had to face the world pantless, cold and wishing I was alone.
THANKS FOR THE RIDE! WHAT A FUN DAY FOR EVERYBODY!



3 comments:
Alli, you are too funny! I'm glad you had fun. Irene and the kids are coming to hang out with us next weekend, but I'm pretty sure it will be too cold to go boating. Hey, what is this husband-coming-at-you-with-a-needle bit? Is this true? Is this a metaphor for your husband's anatomy? I just don't get it??? You need to tell the story!
Ha! Ha! While it might be possible that it could be a metaphor for Mick's anatomy; in this particular instance it is not...
Just a very 'round-about' way of saying 'thanks' to him for all of his support during many years of crappy health. Lest you forget...he was my primary care giver...injections and all. He did a great job and I found his compassion sexy! LOL!
Hehehe, I was wondering about the needle thing too - but a little bit afraid to ask. Thanks for clearing that up.
Sounds like you had an awesome time. I love being pulled on a tube - so much easier than that pesky waterskiing that people always tried to teach me to do. Glad you kept your pants! Though think of what a great story THAT would have made!
Hey, stop on over to my blog every Monday - I've got Movie Quote Monday going on. Sort of a tag game with movie lines. Game is open from 8am to midnight. Love to see you there
Post a Comment