Jordan and I spent the majority of today at Urgent Care. After what seemed to be a routine accident on the 'zipper' --a school playground favorite-- I got a phone call from the school nurse that I should stop by her office and make sure that Jordan was ok. I guess she couldn't convince him to go back to class?
Upon my arrival Jordan seemed to be alright--maybe a little quieter than usual and toting ice packs on his tender little wrists. But, I really wasn't convinced that his wrists were broken. He wasn't screaming, no crying, not much swelling and there wasn't a visable broken bone trying to make it's way out of the skin like last time. I thought it might be a little bruise or sprain? Or, that maybe Jordan just needed a day off? Hmmm....
Unfortunately, that was not the case and...fortunately, I had decided to take him to Urgent Care just to be on the safe side. Turns out my little 'tough-guy' broke his left wrist and sprained his right wrist. One temporary cast and a tylenol later he's back to his usual cheerful self.
We go see the Ortho-Ped. on Friday for an evaluation, treatment plan and permanent cast.
What a crazy day!
Upon my arrival Jordan seemed to be alright--maybe a little quieter than usual and toting ice packs on his tender little wrists. But, I really wasn't convinced that his wrists were broken. He wasn't screaming, no crying, not much swelling and there wasn't a visable broken bone trying to make it's way out of the skin like last time. I thought it might be a little bruise or sprain? Or, that maybe Jordan just needed a day off? Hmmm....
Unfortunately, that was not the case and...fortunately, I had decided to take him to Urgent Care just to be on the safe side. Turns out my little 'tough-guy' broke his left wrist and sprained his right wrist. One temporary cast and a tylenol later he's back to his usual cheerful self.
We go see the Ortho-Ped. on Friday for an evaluation, treatment plan and permanent cast.
What a crazy day!
UP-DATE: After just three weeks of wearing a stinky cast, Jordan is looking forward to getting it off and being able to wash and scratch his arm. Gently of course!

Ahhh...that feels better! But only for about 20 minutes--after a quick washing and x-ray a new black cast went back on. Jordan was totally bummed his arm hadn't finished healing yet.
We'll check again in two weeks. Hang in there buddy!
Jordan, you are one super tough kid! And Caleb, I couldn't be more proud of how helpful you have been to your brother.



4 comments:
Oh poor Jordan. :( May the healing be fast and pain free!
Glad you're feeling better, Jordan. Hope you get a really cool cast! Let's see some pictures!
They have a zip line? Cool! I'm sorry about Jordan though. (We never had cool playground stuff like that when I was a kid...my mom's probably grateful though.:):):))
Poor sweet Jordan! Love to you all!
Post a Comment