Thursday, June 12, 2008

DEMPSEY SUE; WE LOVE YOU!

Everyone knows...There is another 'CAUSE' that is very near and dear to my heart. (The Dempsey Burdick Memorial Foundation)

In my fundraising & training efforts for Breast Cancer 3-Day; I have had the chance to meet the most amazing and inspiring people.

As of late; I have been working with a sterling silver jewelry company and have begun to implement their company and products in my fundraising events. Kele & Co. is a very charitable minded company and they have been so supportive of my desire to participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day.
(30% of my sales will be donated)


www.keleonline.com

This morning I spent a good deal of time on the phone with Adrienne LeFevre; VP of Business Dev. at Kele & Co., she was extremely helpful and compassionate. We briefly discussed fundraising and then I asked her what it would take to perhaps have a specific and very special item created...

She let me share with her the story of my precious niece; Dempsey Sue. I told her that I had deeply wished to create a "Dempsey" pendant but after taking a metalsmithing class -to do so- realized I lacked the actual ability and/or talent to get the image in my mind effectively on to paper and then create a beautiful piece. (I have the "caveman-like" jewelry I created to prove this!)

I expressed my desire to have something created that would serve as a heartfelt reminder, a gift for those who had lost a child, and perhaps a way to raise funds for the memorial foundation--so we could continue to help other families in need.

Adrienne & Kelly...thank you so very much for allowing me to share my thoughts, ideas and our precious angel; Dempsey, with you.
Thank you for sharing your company, ideas and beautiful jewelry with me!

6 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

How truly wonderful!

kimber said...

That is amazing..... thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Al - your awesome! Your video tribute to Dempsey is beautiful.

Michelle said...

Allie - You are such an amazing and thoughtful person. I'm so glad that we are friends and cousins (my favorite cousin too ;) Love ya, chelle

collette said...

That was so beautiful. I know how much Dempsey was to your family and that she lives on through the Memorial Foundation. That was a heartfelt video, it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey Al,

My wife just found a love note that I wrote you..."If anyone ever hurts you tell me, and I will kill them." Its been way too long since we last spoke...send me an email with your contact info to jeff@pubfilms.com

talk to you soon,

jeff hall